ResolvedAlign Products

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Althemist 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

BlueMe
    Participant

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello BlueMe,

I’ve just tried to check your site but it looks like it’s down?

Althemist
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

BlueMe
    Participant

Hi and thank you for marking the reply as private.

The site is in maintenance mode, you have to login to WP to be able to see the site.

Thank you!

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello BlueMe,

Looks like all your product images are different sizes and aspect ratios. You should make them all the same size and AR.

BlueMe
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for looking into it so quick.
    Any tips on how can I make them all the same size ?

Thank you!

Althemist
    Keymaster

You would probably need to use some image redactor (Photoshop or any other – whatever you prefer to work with)

BlueMe
    Participant

Hi!

I was reffering to how can I do it with CSS or something like that because I can’t edit all the images, it seems impractical and time consuming.
    Isn’t there a way to display the images properly even if they are different sizes ?

And can you tell how can I make this fixed and not scroll: https://s3.postimg.org/d1u4vck9f/fixed.png
    I’ve tried to add “position: fixed” to the sylesheet but it ruins the mobile layout.

Thank you!

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello BlueMe,

in order to make it possible to use images with different aspect ratio, the theme would only crop images horizontaly (e.g – the height would always be proportional), so I am afraid, there is no way to fix this by CSS.

As for the menu position, you could add the following code to the Theme Options > General tab > Custom CSS field:

@media screen and (max-width: 1023px) {
    #header_bottom {
        position: fixed;
    }
    }

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar Koev

BlueMe
    Participant

Hi K,

So I need to fix image height on all images and the theme would display them correctly, is that right?

About the menu position, I’ve tried that too by simply adding it to style.css and as I said, while it worked it ruined the mobile layout.
    And I see that your code targets certain screen sizes, my display is a 22″ but I don’t get any results with it.

nvm, I’ve changed max to min, cause it’s actually phones that I want to exclude of being affected by the change.

Thank you!

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello BlueMe,

1. Yes, I am afraid you would need to pre-process your product images for now. We’ll try to implement an automatic crop without affecting the theme capability of using different aspect ratio images for the next update.

2. My bad, sorry. Anyways, it would be good to change the query to min-width: 1024px in that case. (1023 goes below the “mobile” break-point and could potentially cause problems even if it’s just 1 px.)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.