ResolvedBackground Image is Inconsistent between browsers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    monttis
    Participant

Hello,

I appreciate all the support I have been getting from you guys to build my page. I recently experienced a new problem and I am not sure what to think about it. In my home page I have a static background image in one of the rows that has the tear off effect. It looks really beautiful on some computers, but on others the words that our image includes, don’t show up. Not sure how to modify such that it will provide a similar view across browsers and computers.

Image that we are trying to integrate into one of the rows in Home Page.
    IClick Here for Image that we are integrating

Thanks,
    Lian Orraca

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Lian Orraca,

Could you please provide more details? In which browsers it doesn’t work and exactly what’s wrong? The only problem I can imagine is that Safari browser doesn’t support fixed position. OTher than that it should be the same across all browsers.

Also, it’s basically a very bad practice to put texts in backgrounds. Backgrounds are meant to serve decorative functions.

In your specific case, I’d make the text a transparent png (because of the fonts) and place it as an image INSIDE the Row content, not as background.

Regards,
    Dimitar

monttis
    Participant

I I have tested with both Chrome and Safari. Chrome browsers used in computers with lower resolution work fine, but higher resolution ones will shift the image and the text will be hidden. I will give your recommendation a try.

Thanks,
    Lian

monttis
    Participant

Confirmed! That solved problem. It loos great now.

Thanks,
    Lian Orraca

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14132, followers 703
Login and Registration Log in · Register