ResolvedBeginner's Trouble with Zass

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CraftingSonja
    Participant

Hi there,

I just bought the Zass-Theme and I absolutely love it!

BUT there are a few bugs – I hope you can help me:

1. First of all: I don’t find the Mega Menu. It’s just not there. And I went through appearance->menu.
    2. Even the normal menu doesn’t work on the live site! It seems to work in the customizer but not via mobile and not when I visit the page without Customizer
    3. Product Pages: The main picture and product gallery are missing.
    4. My homepage lost speed!!! The images don’t load properly, only the shop seems to be ok.

I hope you can help me?

Thank you from Germany,
    Sonja

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Sonja,

1. In order to view the mega menu controls, your menu must be assigned as “Main Menu”. Keep in mind you’d always need to edit it under appearance > menus and not under Customizer > Menus.

2. Most probably your menu is just not assigned to any menu position.

3. Not really sure what do you mean by “missing”. Are you talking about imported demo content or your own manually created products.

4. Sounds like a JS error on your site. May be an optimization plugin not configured properly.

If you give us a link to your site and temporary admin access, we can check what could be wrong. (don’t forget to mark the “set as private reply” checkbox when sending admin credentials).

Regards,
    Dimitar

CraftingSonja
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Sonja,

1 & 2: Regarding the Mega Menu – what do you mean “It’s just not there”. I can see it on your site:

3. A3 Lazy Load is not compatible with Autoptimize. They create a JS conflict and can’t be used together. I have disabled A3 Lazy Load on your site and your images are now OK. If you need to speed up your website, I’d suggest a proper caching, not lazy load.

4. See point 3^

Regards,
    Dimitar

CraftingSonja
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

oh my god, I was blind!! I will find an alternative for caching – thank you so much!!!

😀

Best regards,
    Sonja

Althemist
    Keymaster

You don’t need an alternative for caching. Autoptimize works great (it wasn’t properly configured on your site, so I fixed it), especially in combination with WP Super Cache. It’s the a3 Lazy Load that’s not good and not even needed. 🙂

CraftingSonja
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I got it now, but there is another problem: I can see the mega menu only when I’m in the Customizer-preview :(. I tried different browsers and mobile – but the menu does not work :(.

And there is the other thing with the pics on the product pages: It’s the same thing – they are there in the Customizer-preview but not on the live site :(.

Regards, Sonja

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Sonja,

1. If you’re using the mega menu functionality you’d need to do this under Appearance > Menus and NOT in the customizer. If you save the mega menu in the customizer it’d be converted to standard menu.

2. There are a lot of JS errors on your product pages and they prevent the gallery script to run properly. I guess these are caused by some plugin you have, but I can’t give you more details. I’d suggest trying to disable product related plugins one by one and see which one is causing the problem.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14079, followers 704
Login and Registration Log in · Register
IMPORTANT!!!

Hello everybody! Please, accept our sincere appologies for the delaeyd support last 2 weeks. One of our team members was diagnosed with Covid-19 and we were isolated without the chance to leave home or access our office. We are now back to work and slowly catching up with delayed support tickets. We expect the queue to be cleared and everything to be back to normal schedule by Monday, 29th of June.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Althemist team
close-link