ResolvedChange Category Title Background

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gettingweduk
    Participant

I’m trying to change the category title backgrounds to an image but I can’t find an option when editing a category. I am able to apply a thumbnail image but there is not option for a title image. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    I’m also trying to change the title backgrounds on pages I have created ie ‘About Us’ and I can’t find the option there either.
    Help would really be appreciated
    Thanks!

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello gettingwedboutique,

the option to upload title background image in categories is just next to the thumbnail image.

The title background on standard pages can be set in the right column settings when you edit the page in the admin (just bellow the header type selector).

If you don’t see those options may be the Zass plugin is not active on your site.

Regards,
    Dimitar

gettingweduk
    Participant

Thank you very much! It seems that the plugin required an update although I hadn’t received a notification. All resolved and I am now able to upload images to the title background.
    Thank you for your help!

gettingweduk
    Participant

Could I also please ask what the ideal size is for the title category images and the thumbnails. I have used the search bar in the forum and can’t see the answer.
    Thank you

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi gettingwedboutique,

The best size for the title background is approx. 1920×1080. However, keep in mind that it was meant to be set as decorative background, so you can’t have the full picture shown. Don’t use it for images containing important information as you can’t guarantee it’s full visibility on all resolutions.

As for the category thumbnails – WooCommerce is cropping them with the same settings as it crops the product list images, so make sure they are at least 600×600 px.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 13356, followers 699
Login and Registration Log in · Register