ResolvedChanging Banner Images

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wrappedbyalice
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve imported the zass demo, and playing around with it, but I can’t figure out where to go to to change the banner image – not sure if this is the correct term for it, but it’s the one that sits inside the tear effect, directly under the top menu (in the demo it’s a lady holding a glass terrarium).

I’ve managed to change it on the blog, by going to Appearance > Theme Options > Blog, then checking the box for ‘Use image background for title on Blog page, Category, Tags and Search’, and then adding an image. But I don’t understand how to change it for the rest of the pages on the site.

I’ve attempted to change the banner for the shop, by going to Appearance > Theme Options > Shop, then checking the box for ‘Use image background for title on Shop page’, and then adding an image. But the image doesn’t appear – the tear box is just blank; it’s exactly the same image I used for the blog, so I don’t understand why it isn’t working?

For all other pages – Home, About, etc, – I can’t figure out where to go to at all in the menus to change the banner images. I’ve tried through the visual composer too, but the banner image doesn’t seem to be an element that I can edit with that. I know I must be missing something obvious.

Also is there a place that gives info on the correct sizes for all imagery, i.e. ideal size for header image, banner image, logo, footer, etc, etc? Couldn’t find anything in the documentation, but I am guessing I just haven’t looked in the correct place!

Thanks so much, look forward to hearing back.

wrappedbyalice
    Participant

Update: Worked out how to change the banner!

Would still like an answer to the other question though: ‘is there a place that gives info on the correct sizes for all imagery, i.e. ideal size for header image, banner image, logo, footer, etc, etc? Couldn’t find anything in the documentation, but I am guessing I just haven’t looked in the correct place!’

Thanks.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi wrappedbyalice,

there are no limitations or recommended image sizes for banners, logos etc. Just use what works best for your needs and style.

It’s good to have product images at least 600×600 px original size (the bigger – the better, but having in mind performance, ideal size would be approx 1000x1000px or similar).

Other than that – you can use any image size and the theme would adapt it to fit and look fine.

For row backgrounds (e.g. – blocks with torn paper effect), it would be best if you could use something like 1920x1080px original image size, just to make sure it looks good enough on bigger screens.

Hope this helps.

wrappedbyalice
    Participant

Thanks, that’s great! 🙂

ihealthy
    Participant

Hello, I’m having the same issue, don’t know how to change the banner of the pages. Would love to know the steps 🙂
    Thanks in advance.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Each page have a Title Setting in the page edit right column. For the Blog, Shop, Events and Forum pages, the settings are located in the corresponding tabs of the Theme Options.

poshub
    Participant

how do you change the images of content/ banner sliders on homepage and other pages? doesn’t seem to be editable from title settings?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello poshub,

the images are applied as standard ROW element backgrounds in Visual Composer. Just edit the Row containing the slider element.

whymllc
    Participant

Reply Deleted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14702, followers 710
Login and Registration Log in · Register