ResolvedDisplaying shop name instead of username

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Althemist 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Codrin1
    Participant

Hi,

I opened a new topic as requested.

Codrin1
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Codrin1,

we are checking this now. Will let you know as soon as possible.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Codrin1,

we did some tests and research and it looks like the problem solution can be found here (it’s a well known WCMp bug and not theme related):

https://wc-marketplace.com/support-forum/topic/name-of-vendor/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Codrin1
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I had a look into the link you sent me, there was presented a different kind of issue that was not related to the one I have.

The user can create his own username, the issue is that it displays the username when it should display the shop name.

I was thinking the other day, do you think Rigid Plugin is interfering with ‘vendors list widget’? or is there anything else that can be done to get this widget fixed? As it is very important for my project to display the shop name and not the username.

Looking forward to hearing from you
    Thanks

Codrin1
    Participant

Hello again,

I’ve just received an email in response to the matter from wc marketplace plugin, see below:
    “you were using rigid theme’s vendor list shortcode, hence they were passing the vendor’s full name.
    We have added our shortcode [wcmp_vendorslist] into your vendors-list page, as you can see now, it is displaying the vendor’s shop name.
    So, if you want to use rigid theme’s shortcode, then please get in touch with the theme author regarding how you can display the shop panel.”

They helped me making the page with all the vendors to display the name of the shops, but in the homepage, near the bottom, where there are a few vendors displayed through the wcmp vendors list widget is still displaying username instead of the shop name. How can I make that widget display the right name?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Codrin

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Codrin1,

Our shortcode is built over their original shortcode and we only added the limit and sorting settigns. We do not modify the way the name is pulled.

However, we will check this and update the theme a bit later if it turns to be theme related.

Anyways, when we tested the functionality, we were able to set the username and shop name and it was displayed properly when the automatic username generation was disabled.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Codrin1
    Participant

The problem is not from there as I’ve never had ‘automatic username generation’ feature on because I want users to choose their username. Anyway, even in a case like that, the issue is not the username itself, it’s what the widget displays.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Codrin1,

It turns that WCMp changed their code base with the latest update and that caused the problem. It’s fixed now and theme update is already available.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 12379, followers 688
Login and Registration Log in · Register