ResolvedDoubts with blog

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MJotita
    Participant

First apologies because I do not speak English well.

I have two doubts about the blog:

1) Can you put the blog bar on the right and the store bar on the left? I can not find that option because the sidebars are configured from the same site. Would there be any way to do it?

2) On the standard page of the blog I get the post, but I get complete (with all the text). Is there any way in which only a bit of text comes out, as you have it on your sample page, and then when you click and enter the post and you see everything?
    I have tried with Settings / Reading / Summary but it does not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

MJ

MJotita
    Participant

I forgot another question:

1) I would like the blog page to have the bar and the summary entries in the standard blog mode. Would it be possible that when clicking on the entrance it opened wide and the lateral bar disappeared?

Thank you.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi MJotita,

1. No, I am afraid with this theme the predefined sidebars (blog, shop, portfolio) can be set either left OR right. You can only change the default position for standard (non automatically generated) pages (e.g. Home, About etc.). In our themes, the option you need can be found only in Rigid, Grosso, Babystreet and Lafka.

2. Yes, you can do this and it’s not even theme related. It’s the default WordPRess functionality. In order to have just a small portion of text, you’d need to set “excerpt” for your posts.

3. I am afraid I don’t really understand. Could you please explain more? What do you call “the bar”, what’s the “entrance” and what’s the “lateral bar”?

Regards,
    Dimitar

MJotita
    Participant

Thank you. Solved the first two questions.

I will try to explain myself better.
    The main page of the blog has a sidebar. I would like that when clicking on a post that sidebar disappeared and that the post (to be able to read it) appeared in full screen. It’s possible?

Thank you.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi MJotita,

Yes, it’s possible. You can set a default sidebar for the blog and disable it and/or change it’s position in each post settings (the right column > Page Structure Options > Main Sidebar). Unfortunately, there is no option to do this on global level. You’d need to disable the sidebar for each post manually.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

MJotita
    Participant

Thank you.
    I done it, but it is very wide and the title does not appear. Is there any way to regulate the width of these full-width entries and show the title?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Not really sure what do you mean by “it’s very wide”. It should take the page width.

As for the title – it can’t just disappear unless you checked the HIDE radio button on the “Show page title” option.

Could you please provide a link where we can see the problem “live”?

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14079, followers 704
Login and Registration Log in · Register
IMPORTANT!!!

Hello everybody! Please, accept our sincere appologies for the delaeyd support last 2 weeks. One of our team members was diagnosed with Covid-19 and we were isolated without the chance to leave home or access our office. We are now back to work and slowly catching up with delayed support tickets. We expect the queue to be cleared and everything to be back to normal schedule by Monday, 29th of June.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Althemist team
close-link