ResolvedErrors in style.css

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mobimall
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to change the font size of the side bars and when I edit the style.css page, it saves it on my server but does not reflect it on my site. There are also several issues that show up on my style.css sheet as error codes that were there before I touched it.

How can I change the font size of the sidebar and the top menu? It is way too small. Wish there was a way to make it easier to change in the theme options menu.

mobimall
    Participant

I see when I go to edit the style.css sheet it says there are 4 errors that need to be fixed before file can be updated. They are:

Unexpected token ‘{‘ line 308 column 64
    Unknown @ rule: @-ms-keyframes Line 3806
    Unexpected today ‘{‘ line 3819 col 1
    Expected RBRACE at line 4515, col 5

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello mobimall,

First thing – you should never edit the style.css file of your theme!

I’d recommend enabling the child-theme and add custom CSS rules in it’s style.css

OR

Just place your custom CSS rules in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS

Editing the theme style.css can lead to unpredictable problems and also your changes will be wiped out every time the theme is updated.

The errors you see in the style editor are not really errors. They are modern CSS techniques, which the editor can’t recognize.

There are settings for the main menu font styles under Theme Options > Header settings tab.

For the top menu and sidebars, the styles are fixed and the only way to change them would be with CSS.

Regards,
    Dimitar

mobimall
    Participant

Thank you! I got it working with the additional css

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14094, followers 704
Login and Registration Log in · Register