ResolvedEvents Calender Search bar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Yomela
    Participant

Hi there,

I hope you are doing good.

I have a request regarding the search bar on top of the events page. I want it to be displayed on the page permanently without having to click on the toggle button to expand the area.

At the moment it looks like the following: https://yomela.de/events/

I was already in contact with the events plugin support. But they stated that this seems to be a theme issue. Because when switchung to another theme like Twenty Nineteen the search bar shows up normally without any “toggle” effect.

Could you advice how to make the search visible without having to klick on it?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

Looks like the Events calendar plugin was changed since we built that. We’ll check deeply and provide an update. Meanwhile, you can add the following CSS to override the current theme style:

.tribe-bar-filters {
        display: block;
    }

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

thank you very much for your answer and the CSS-Code. I added it within the customizer but nothing changed (even after emptying the cache). When do you think the update will be available approximately? I am about to plan the launch of my event marketplace within the next weeks and would need a solution for that before.

It actually seems to be something more profound. The developer that helps me along with my side also already had a look on that and could not find any solution so far.

I really much look forward to your answer.

Best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

Update will be released probably later today or tomorrow.

However, looking at your website, the search form is currently visible. May be you need to clear your browser cache too?

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

the update has not been released yet, has it? Or did I miss it?

You are right, that seemed to be a cache-problem. It is now opened but still shows the “Suche Anzeigen”(-> Show search) area. I could probabyl handle that with some more CSS code but I prefer waiting for the update to have it “clean”.

Please let me know when the update is released.

Best regards and thanks in advance

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

So sorry for the late reply.

No, the update was postponed, as we are adding a lot of new features to the theme (e.g. built-in product addons, push notifications on new orders etc.). However, the Suche Anzeigen will still be there after the update as this is how the plugin works.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

till when was the update postponed? It seems that even the whole event search mechanism is blocked by the rigid theme. I never have correct search results even if there are definitely events that match my searches. Furthermore after searching it switches alsways automatically to the month view instead of keeping the list view.

I already talked to the events plugin support. They stated the following:

“The page is actually making two separate requests. The first request returns the correct info, but then a second occurs that replaces it with the month view calendar.”

Furthermore they advised to test the search after switching to the twenty nineteen theme. And after switching to this standard theme it all works correctly.

I cannot launch my event marketplace as long as the search does not work at all 🙁 I really much need the update to make the event plugins work. I chose your theme because it says that it is compatible with the events calender and now it isn’t at all 🙁

I really much look forward to your update as I cannot continue my work without it.

Best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Yomela
    Participant

Hi there,

ok. I see. I’ve just installed the theme update you released end of last week. Was there already the event issue included?

So far I cannot see any changes 🙁 Maybe it’s again a cache problem. But I tried another browser where I deleted all cache data before checking.

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

yes, the fix was included in the latest update. Actually, there are quite a lot of changes, because of changes in the plugin itself.

How is your Events Calendar plugin set? I’d suggest to enable the design in Skeleton mode, so it get’s the full theme styles.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I switched to the Skeleton Mode, emptied the cache and opened the side in a completely cleaned new browser -> But the search still does not work. It still shows no results and switches to the month view.

When I try to open the search by clicking “Show events search” in firefox it does not even open correctly. It opens but closes again immediatley without being able to enter any search term.

I really do not know what I am doing wrong 🙁 I am very sorry to have to bother you again.

But do you have another advise?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Ariadne

Yomela
    Participant

By the way, it is not possible for me to send private messages here … I wanted to share temporary login details to my side, but private messages seem not to be published.

Yomela
    Participant

PS: When opening the rigid event link you sent me above in FIREFOX it makes very strange things -> the search area opens and closes automatically non-stop.

Althemist
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

I have just tested and it looks like the private messages work fine.

For the jumping search form – this is a known issue of the event’s calendar plugin. Could you try enabling one more view for the events? Under Events > Settings > Display try to enable at least two of them – e.g. List + Day and see if that would change anything?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14086, followers 704
Login and Registration Log in · Register