ResolvedEvents Calender Search bar

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    zuyo
    Participant

I too went to https://dev.althemist.com/rigid/events/ using Firefox and the Upcoming events were jumping between “Hide Events Search” and “Show Events” and the scroll bar was jumping up and down too. Closed tab and tried again, now it does not happen anymore. I tried clearing cookies and still it doesn’t happen.

This issue does not affect me, I was just looking through issues that might help me and came across this. I hope this helps with the diagnosis…

Regards,
    Zuyo

Yomela
    Participant

Hey Dimitar,

thank your very much for checking. I’ll try what you recommended.

Best regards

Ariadne

Yomela
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Ariadne,

Happy and Successful New Year to you too.

No, this can’t be related to the last update. Unfortunately, I can’t even find a page with Events search form on your site (sorry, we don’t speak German and it’s hard for us to navigate your site). Could you, please provide a direct link to that page?

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

you’ll find the event search by adding /events/ to my domain url.

Thank you very much for having a look.

Best regards

Ariadne

PS: I tried to post the direct link. But I was again not able to publish any message containing a link.

Yomela
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

you’ll find the event search at http://yomela.de/events/ (my runnig website with a lot of plugins activated) or at http://staging.yomela.de/events/ (staging side you can login with the link I provided you in my last message – here only a few essential plugins are activated).

Best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

That’s really strange. Our system keeps marking your replies as spam, even after we increased the maximum allowed number of links. May be some word in your domain is badly interpreted by our anti-spam system.

However, now that we have the links, we will check and let you know as soon as we found something.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

any news on this?

Best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

There is something really strange happening, but are not able to tell precisely what it is. We saw the problem on your site before, but now even there it works fine (somehow).

We tried searching for events and it works as expected. Tried searching for “Tanzen” and it returns the correct result in list view, not calendar view. Also tried searching for event on 29.01.2020 and it worked as expected again. The “Show / Hide Search” button also wors as expected. No more jumping.

Also, When we reach the URL directly it works fine.

However, when we make a search (it’d change the URL in the browser’s address bar) and get the result, if we press the browser’s back button, than the calendar view is displayed.

We literally spent countless hours trying to locate the problem or at least replicate it on our servers and we couldn’t. We guess it’s related to some plugin conflict OR some server setting, but can’t point which one.

My only suggestion here is to try making a clean installation on a different server with just the minimum of required plugins and test there.

Unfortunately, there is nothing more to offer as help. We can offer a refund, but we know after spending so much time trying to build that website, it’s not what you need or want. I guess you just want a working site and we can’t find the problem. However, If you want it we will refund you right away.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

very bad news 🙁 Thanks for checking, anyway. I don’t know yet what to do but if I decide to change the theme, I’ll come back to you concerning the refund. But it’s definitely my very last option as I worked so hard on creating my side as it is now.

One last question: You did not write anything about the location search. This does also work correctly at your side? What are you observations about that?

Regards, Ariadne

Yomela
    Participant

it actually cannot be a plugin conflict, can it? Because at http://staging.yomela.de/events/ alomost all pugins were deactivated…

Althemist
    Keymaster

Yes, I understand and I am sure you’d prefer a solution, not a refund. We just ran out of options, really.

No, I think it’s not related to any plugins, as the observations in my last post were made on your actual site, not the staging site. It’s more likely a server related problem. Some server setting or something like this.

Do you have the possibility to check on another server (another hosting provider)? Where is your site currently hosted?

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hey Dimitar,

it doesn’t seem to be a server problem neither. I work with all-inkl, quite a professional Host actually. And I already have a premium account there.

I actually created a completely new side on a subdomain, re-installed wordpress, your theme and the event plugins completely from scratch and it actually all worked. So it does not seem to be a server issue neither.

That’s why I decided to make a complete re-installation of my side then.

BUT THERE IS A NEW CHALLENGE NOW -> Yesterday, modern tribe made a complete relaunch of its event calender plugin. Please have a look at https://theeventscalendar.com/tec-updated-calendar-views/

There might be some theme adoptions necessary.

Before I completely recreate my side – I have to know as fast as possible what your plans are concerning the relaunch of the events calender plugin. I definitely do not want to recreate everything and then the theme is adapted to the pluin upgrade and all will be “broken” again.

Could you please give a a short feedback today?

If there will be a major update from your side as well (in reaction to the major update of the events calender plugin) I really have to know it as soon as possible before I start to recreate my whole side.

I really much look forward to a short feedback on this, as soon as possible. All my work depends on this.

Regards

Ariadne

Yomela
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 13850, followers 699
Login and Registration Log in · Register