ResolvedEvents Calender Search bar

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Yomela
    Participant

Hey Dimitar,

it doesn’t seem to be a server problem neither. I work with all-inkl, quite a professional Host actually. And I already have a premium account there.

I actually created a completely new side on a subdomain, re-installed wordpress, your theme and the event plugins completely from scratch and it actually all worked. So it does not seem to be a server issue neither.

That’s why I decided to make a complete re-installation of my side then.

BUT THERE IS A NEW CHALLENGE NOW -> Yesterday, modern tribe made a complete relaunch of its event calender plugin. Please have a look at https://theeventscalendar.com/tec-updated-calendar-views/

There might be some theme adoptions necessary.

I upgradet the plugin at one of my test sides and the sceleton view looks like this http://neu.yomela.de/events/list/ so far.

Before I completely recreate my side – I have to know as fast as possible what your plans are concerning the relaunch of the events calender plugin. I definitely do not want to recreate everything and then the theme is adapted to the pluin upgrade and all will be “broken” again.

Could you please give a a short feedback today?

If there will be a major update from your side as well (in reaction to the major update of the events calender plugin) I really have to know it as soon as possible before I start to recreate my whole side.

I really much look forward to a short feedback on this, as soon as possible. All my work depends on this.

Regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Ouch! That’s really huge change and it looks like we missed the last update.

Yeah, it looks like we’d need to rework our events styles. Please, allow few more days and we will release an update for the new system.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Althemist
    Keymaster

Also, please tell us if you’re using the standard or the PRO version of the plugin.

Yomela
    Participant

Hey Dimitar,

I actually use all plugins, standard and Pro, calender and tickets. I even use the pro plugins community, cummunity tickets and filter bar…

Thanks for checking it.

Best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Yomela
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Yomela
    Participant

Hey Dimitar,

any news on this? When can I plan with the update?

Regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

Still working on it, as there are many changes there. We’ll probably need 2 days more, as there are changes not only in the design, but also in programmable features like sidebars, templates, countdowns, widgets etc.

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

your theme update on saturday 8th February did not contain the events calender changes,did it? 🙁 Now it’s already almost a week ago.

Thanks for an update.

Best regards

Ariadne

Yomela
    Participant

Hey Dimitar,

can I plan with the update for this week? It’s now more than 5 weeks that I wait for the update!

Regards, Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Ariadne,

So sorry for the extremely delayed update. It turns that there were groundbreaking changes in the Events Calendar 5.x.x, so we needed to totally rework all our custom design and re-code all our custom features related to the Events Calendar.

The update is now Live and you can download it from ThemeForest.

Please, accept our sincere apologize.

Please, note that with the latest version of the plugin it’s recommended to use the “Full Eevents Calendar styles” option under the Events > Settings > Design tab and also set the page template to Default Page template, not the Events page template (the setting is on the same page, just bellow the Styles selector)

Best regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I am soooo happy to see that the update has been published! 🙂 Thank you very much!

Just to be 200% sure concerning the correct style choice … After activating “Use updated calender design” I choose the option “Tribe Events Style”. Is that correct?

When I do no activate the option “use updated calender design” there is also the style option “Full styles”.

But it is correct to activate the “updated calender design”, isn’t it?

Is that correct? Could you maybe add some demo events to your demo side to see how it actually should look like?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards

Ariadne

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Ariadne,

Basically, yes. In the latest version it is strongly recommended to use the “updated calender design” setting, as the old designs are no longer fully supported by the plugin. Thus, we have removed the custom styles for the old design, as they no longer work correctly. We have now added new custom styles reflecting the new plugin design (there are some small visual differences).

Here is a screenshot of the best combination of options (required settings are marked in red. all other settings could be set as per your personal preference):

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Yomela
    Participant

Dear Dimitar,

thank you very much for clarifying this.

I set everything up as you recommended and now it all works fine. And surprise! Now even the problem with the location search seems to be solved thanks to the update. So I finally do not have to make a complete reset of my side. I’m lucky!

There only came up a few little other questions but I’ll open a new topic for that.

This topic can be finally marked as solved! 🙂

Best regards

Ariadne

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14229, followers 703
Login and Registration Log in · Register