ResolvedHome page speed / optimisation

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  umerafzal 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

umerafzal
    Participant

Javascript is taking too much time. I am using Autoptimize plugin but could not be able to reduce load time like your site https://grosso.althemist.com.
    You can check my site speed on gtmetrix.com.
    My site URL: https://zoha.com.pk
    Please help.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello umerafzal,

the loading time mostly depends on your server speed and location compared to your location.

I can see your autoptimize settings are not optimal and you don’t have browser caching headers enabled, but without a fast hosting, you wouldn’t be able achieve good loading speed. Hosting is fundamental for loading.

Here is a good guide on what to look for in hosting services:

The Best WordPress Hosting: How to Pick The Right One for Your Website in 2019

Also, we have a guide on optimization:

Essential Tips To Increase Loading Speed On Your WordPress Website

Additionally, if you don’t feel comfortable doing this by yourself, we do offer optimization services starting from $49, but keep in mind with slow server there is not much to be done.

Regards,
    Dimitar

houseofdara.com
    Participant

I am having the same issue with my home page. I have called my hosting service – Site Ground. They recommend that i get an image optimizer plugin. Is there any specific you recommend for this theme?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello houseofdara.com,

There are two ways to optimize your images – Manually or automatically with a plugin. For manual optimization you can use an online service like https://tinypng.com/

A good plugin for image optimization is Smush:

Smush Image Compression and Optimization

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

umerafzal
    Participant

Sir, I have done all the things that you have described in your optimisation article but it is getting better.
    I am using a AWS lightSail instance with 1Ghz processor and 2gb ram and 60 SSD with bitnami wordpress stack.
    I think there should be no problem of hosting provider.
    Please check my website speed on gtmetrix.com and check the waterfall and YSlow tab. Javascript is taking too much time.
    Help me

Althemist
    Keymaster

As I already explained loading times greatly depend on your server location. When tested from India, your site is pretty fast.

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/zoha.com.pk/tkjRvWnl

Also, as I already said, your autoptimize is not properly set and it creates a lot of files instead just 2 for JS and CSS.

Also, your site doesn’t have any browser caching enabled.

Last, but not least, optimization is not theme related. We can give you some advice, but we can’t optimize your site. This is just out of the support scope.

Regards,
    Dimitar

umerafzal
    Participant

Okay got it…
    When I tried to set Autoptimize properly, it created two files but the theme home page didn’t work with that. Homepage slider and Woocommerce products got disappeared. If I unselect the option of combining all CSS and JS files into one file then home page works fine.
    Can you also help me over this point?

houseofdara.com
    Participant

Thanks for the recommended plugin i have installed, activated and smushed all the images on my site. it went from 42MB to 13.2MB. Dont know how else to make the page move faster. I used the https://gtmetrix.com/compare/Qcspua8m/vBY9Ga7K and there is a lot of red. I called site ground and they activated coudflare. I would appreciate it if you can check if there is anything missing that will help.

Thanks

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello umerafzal,

Most probably some of your plugins are causing a conflict with the Autoptimize combined files. Unfortunately, we can’t provide help on this matter. Autoptimize is a third party plugin and the theme itself works fine with it. Here are the settings we use on the theme demo:

Regards,
    Dimitar

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello houseofdara.com,

Please, always create your own topics and don’t post in other user’s topics.

As for your site speed – siteground hosting is pretty fast. Our own site and ALL our themes are hosted with SiteGround.

Cloudflare is not needed, you just need to follow the recommendations on the GTMetrix results page (resize and optimize images, set browser caching and expire headers etc.)

As I already explained, If you don’t know how to optimize your site, we can offer this as a separate service. The prices start from $49 and can be up-to $150, depending on the amount of work that needs to be done.

Regards,
    Dimitar

umerafzal
    Participant

Thanks althemist team, most of the issues got resolved.
    At least your help pointed me to right direction.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 12143, followers 684
Login and Registration Log in · Register