ResolvedHook on Quick View – need some advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zorro2288
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

We have registered a new custom sidebar, and hooking it to woocommerce_before_add_to_cart_button hook.

The purpose is to use the following No Cache AJAX Widgets to display Shipping Info based on the GeoIP Country of the visitor.

No Cache AJAX Widgets

We have to do this because we are also using WP Rocket FPC. So in order to display the Shipping Info based on the country of each individual visitor, an additional Ajax request has to be made. I believe this plugin display Widget via additional Ajax call.

This is how it looks like on Single Product Page: https://screenpresso.com/=NUTFb

Everything is working perfectly on Single Product Page, but on Quick View, where custom Widget area just keep loading and loading. Please refer below:

https://screenpresso.com/=bcKfd

I think the Quick View is a feature of the Rigid theme. I would greatly appreciate it if you can give us some pointers on how to resolve this issue.

I think acceptable solution would be a) Display the widget successfully b) Completely hide the widget on Quick View.

Any advice would be helpful for us.

Thanks again, Dimitar 🙂

PS. If you need access to our Dev site for investigation, just let me know.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

I am afraid there is no way to show the widget in the quick view, because of the AJAX. Not entirely impossible, but a special integration would be required.

In this specific case, I can only help with CSS to hide the widget in Quick View mode.

Also, please, whenever you require some help always provide the links. With 12100+ clients we can’t remember each and every URL and with 83 separate topics and nearly 200 replies by you, I really can’t browse all your posts to search where the URL was posted.

Hope you understand.

Regards,
    Dimitar

zorro2288
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

Thanks for the reply. I found a way to hide it on Quick View.

This is a general question that is somehow related. Generally, how can we get things that are hooked to native Woocommerce Hooks on Single Product Page to show up on Quick View. (I am assuming Quick View share similar Hooks as Single Product Page, but I could be wrong.)

There are other features that we have developed and hooked to native Woocommerce Hooks on Single Product Page, but we could not get them to show up on Quick View.

If the Quick View has different hooks, can you please share those hooks with us?

Thanks again 🙂

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Yes, we are using the same hooks, but they are called from different place, as the quick view only loads on request. I’ll ask Alex to give you more details.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Alex
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Actually, because quick-view functionality is intended to show some limited product info, we don’t call all WooCommerce actions aa in the single product view (template: rigid/woocommerce/content-single-product.php).

Here is a list of skipped WooCommerce actions in quick-view:

woocommerce_before_single_product
    woocommerce_after_single_product_summary
    woocommerce_after_single_product
    removed woocommerce_show_product_images function call from woocommerce_before_single_product_summary action

So here are the available hooks in quick-view:

woocommerce_before_single_product_summary
    woocommerce_single_product_image_html
    woocommerce_single_product_summary

For reference you can look in the template: rigid/woocommerce/content-single-product-rigid-quickview.php

Regards,
    Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14113, followers 704
Login and Registration Log in · Register