ResolvedHow to Define the Product Filters

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nadavbf1
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to filter by price (which is on by default), geographic location of the vendor and custom attributes. Can you explain how to do it?

Can you also share how to enable the filters on the main page’s search area?

thanks

nadavbf1
    Participant

Anyone?
    any support for this product?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello nadavbf1,

You can use the Rigid Product filters in any widget area (e.g. the filters area above products list on shop and category pages). Just enable a different widget for each product attribute).

As for the geographic location of the vendors – this is not theme related. You’d probably need to ask the multi-vendor plugin support team.

Regards,
    Dimitar

nadavbf1
    Participant

HI,
    the rigid filters are not working for me,
    can you send a procedure how to enable them? or maybe check why it is not working for me?

nadavbf1
    Participant

it is not working, i cannot filter using the rigid product filters. please help

zuyo
    Participant

Ensure that Theme Options -> Shop -> Show Refine Products Area is set to on. Together with Enable Ajax for Product Filtering.

Then navigate to Appearance -> Widgets from your WP-Admin page.

Add the Rigid Product Filter widget to the Product Filters Sidebar (or any other sidebar you are using).

Change the title and select the attribute you want to filter by and change query type if necessary.

Then keep adding the Rigid Product Filter widget to the sidebar for as many attributes as you wish to filter.

nadavbf1
    Participant

Hi thanks for the explanation

1) i followed all the steps carefully, i still dont see the filter widget. please assist
    2) in addition, how can i make sure the vendors will use these attributes i am creating when they create a product?

thanks

zuyo
    Participant

You need to ensure that at least one of the products has a value in the attribute field otherwise the filter will not display.

In addition, check under Theme Options -> Shop -> Product Filtering Area Default State if it is set to closed you will need to expand the area by clicking on the icon to the right of the Product Filters Sidebar. If it is set to “Open” then you should see all filters that are applicable (that products have values for).

If you still have problems you should wait for Support to advise you. I am only checking the status of my own Support Requests…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 13887, followers 699
Login and Registration Log in · Register