ResolvedMaking Product Thumbnail Images clickable ==> Product Page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Althemist 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eei
    Participant

I’m wanting to make my product thumbnail images clickable to go to the product page. It would be awesome if this was an option in the Big One theme settings.

But since it appears that it is not, I need to find a way to make the change and make it stick when the theme is updated.

I understand that I need to create a child theme to do this, but I’m not seeing any options under the theme to create a one-click child theme. What is the easiest way to create a child theme for the Big One Theme?

What is the best way to make the product images clickable to take my customers to the product page for that product?

Thanks in advance!

EEI

eei
    Participant

I found one way here to implement a code change to do it, but it requires setting up a child theme which I’m not sure how to do with the Big One Theme. Again, it would be so much nicer to have this option included in the Big One Theme as an option. [X] Make product thumbnails link to product page.

This video shows how to do it in code with a child theme:

How to Make WooCommerce Thumbnails Clickable

My original question are still outstanding, but I wanted to illustrate what I was trying to do with that video.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello eei,

we are releasing an update to the theme with included child theme. Should be available for download in few hours.

Anyways, what you need is not possible with this theme, I’m afraid, as the product thumbnails are using a special cloud zoom functionality on hover and just can’t be made clickable.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.