ResolvedMIssing being able to create posts, etc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Malco
    Participant

Hi

I’ve been trying to get WC MarketPlace to fully function on my site – http://www.trade-fair.uk. At the moment the problem centres around not being able to disburse commissions. In particular, various pages to do with commissions aren’t there on my site, but should be. The tech guy I’ve been speaking to says the theme is missing various what they call ‘capabilities’ which is causing the problem.

What they have said is: “An admin with all super admin capability, can access the commission details only. Hence the admin created manually, might be missing these capabilities : edit_others_posts, delete_posts, create_posts”

Then they suggest that I add the following code to the function.php in order to ‘provide these capabilities’:

add_action( ‘registered_post_type’, ‘change_caps_for_commission’, 10, 2 );
    /**
    * Modify registered post type menu label
    * @param string $post_type Registered post type name.
    * @param array $args Array of post type parameters.
    */
    function change_caps_for_commission( $post_type, $args ) {
    if ( ‘dc_commission’ === $post_type ) {
    global $wp_post_types;
    $args->cap->edit_others_posts = __( ‘edit_others_posts’, ‘dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor’ );
    $args->cap->delete_posts = __( ‘delete_posts’, ‘dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor’ );
    $args->cap->create_posts = __( ‘create_posts’, ‘dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor’ );
    $wp_post_types[ $post_type ] = $args;
    }
    }

Apart from not knowing really how to do this, I’m concerned about whether I should do this…

Firstly, do you agree that these ‘capabilities’ are missing from the theme? Therefore I presume making the admin in their words not ‘super’, or simply not complete in some way??

Secondly, if I do need to add something, do you agree with their suggested code?

And lastly, is there a safe way I can add this – ie, via a plugin like Code Snippets?

Thanks, Malcolm

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Malcolm,

you should definitely NOT do this!

The problem described above have nothing to do with the theme. We do not remove, modify or add ANY user roles and capabilities.

I can’t really tell which “tech guy” you talked to, but you should definitely talk to the WCMp support team as this is a plugin related problem. Their support team is very responsive and can be found here:

https://wc-marketplace.com/support-forum/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Malco
    Participant

Hi Dimitar

Thanks for your email. Yes, I should have said, it was actually a member of the WCMp support team who came up with this fix.

Also, following this, when I questioned whether this was indeed a theme problem, their reply was:

“Malcolm, the theme doesn’t control the admin creation. The capability gets assigned by the server. So, can you please add the code we have shared and test the flow.”

So, thinking I that I wouldn’t now mess the theme up, I went ahead and added the code via the Code Snippets plugin, and the ‘pages’ that were missing have now appeared…

So, so far so good. However, obviously I’m a bit concerned now having read your message! Do you agree that it was a ‘server’ problem? What would you advise?

Regards
    Malcolm

Malco
    Participant

Just to add, I suppose I could speak To SightGround, my site’s hosting company. Though I’ve got a feeling it might draw a blank with them as well, what could it really have to do with them… ?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Malcolm,

I am glad it is fixed now.

Sometimes with a very complicated plugins (like every multi-vendor plugin) user roles and capabilities are messed. However, there are more elegant solutions than adding such code in the theme functions. If user role capabilities were messed (we don’t really know if that was the case) they can be reset with database repair OR with a special plugin like this one:

Reset Roles and Capabilities

It’s not a server problem, so you don’t need to contact SiteGround (our site and all our demos are hosted with SiteGround VPS too, so it’s definitely not a server problem).

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14059, followers 703
Login and Registration Log in · Register
IMPORTANT!!!

Hello everybody! Please, accept our sincere appologies for the delaeyd support last 2 weeks. One of our team members was diagnosed with Covid-19 and we were isolated without the chance to leave home or access our office. We are now back to work and slowly catching up with delayed support tickets. We expect the queue to be cleared and everything to be back to normal schedule by Monday, 29th of June.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Althemist team
close-link