ResolvedProduct Filter Issues

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    zorro2288
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

We noticed some issues with Product Filters on Product Category Page:

Below are the steps to reproduce this issue:

Step 1) Click on the Filter Link to open the Filter Section:

https://screenpresso.com/=XKXkd

Step 2) Select a Filter Option:

https://screenpresso.com/=jZubf

Step 3) After the page reloads, the previously selected Filter Option would have been applied, and the “Reset All Filters” link would have appeared. Please click on the ” Reset All Filters” link to remove all filters.

https://screenpresso.com/=dHGre

Step 4) After the page reloads, all previously applied filters would have been removed. Please click on the Filter link again to open the Filter Section.

https://screenpresso.com/=DtqJd

Step 5) As you can see, the previously selected option is still selected.

https://screenpresso.com/=aI9hg

Could you please help us resolve this issue?

Thanks very much.

zorro2288
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi zoro2288,

Actually there is no “issue” there. ALL AJAX functions of our filters engine are meant to be used with the RIGID PRODUCT FILTER widget. The native woo filter widget and the native woo active filters widget can’t work with AJAX.

It’s clearly stated in the theme options that this feature

Enables AJAX for the price filter, sorting, products per page and “Rigid Product Filter” widget

If you prefer the native filters functionality, just disable the AJAX option and all custom theme options (price filter, products per-page selector, AJAX option etc.). WooCommerce offers their own price filter and attribute filters if you like them more.

The Rigid theme offers the possibility to enable or disable each custom option individually and only leave the native woo SORT option if you wish. Everything else (except the SORT) is a custom built theme feature. I believe this is far beyond the point where other themes go, so I really don’t see any issues there.

As we already discussed, we are thinking about adding a force select type option for our filters, but that’s the most we can do. We are not magicians and can’t build everything you need for your project.

We truly believe Rigid is one of the best WooCommerce themes on the market (if not the best, as cocky as it might sound), but we never said it’s a magic solution. There are some system limitations which just can’t be “fixed”. If you believe there are better themes available, and they are more suitable for your project – just let us know.

I hope you understand and don’t get me wrong. No offense meant at all! We are theme developers, not custom project developers and some things are just out of the scope of theme development.

Once again – no offense meant. Just trying to make things clear.

Regards,
    Dimitar

zorro2288
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

Thanks for the reply.

Please don’t get me wrong. There is no question that Rigid is definitely one of the most comprehensive and configurable themes available. I have researched a lot of themes before selecting Rigid. I try to contribute towards making Rigid even better, because we plan to use Rigid theme for our other stores as well, not only for the store we are currently building.

I raised this issue due to my lack of understanding and I truly appreciate you and your team’s help in providing excellent supports to your clients.

After you have explained the mechanism, everything becomes clear. Note that I am not from technical background, so somethings may not be apparent to me as it is to you 🙂 I hope you understand.

However, I am trying to learn and understand as much as possible, everyday. I have learned a lot from you as well (thanks).

Back to our use case, I think the high number of Attribute Options for jewelry resulted in some new challenges. I think if Dropdown Type could be added to Rigid Filter, than it would achieve many goals at the same time, and we would be able to use Ajax for Filtering completely, without “mix and match” of Ajax and Non Ajax.

Thanks again for your utmost support and a truly awesome theme!

okrabio94
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I read your answers regarding the product filter and found this passage:

“Actually there is no “issue” there. ALL AJAX functions of our filters engine are meant to be used with the RIGID PRODUCT FILTER widget. The native woo filter widget and the native woo active filters widget can’t work with AJAX.

It’s clearly stated in the theme options that this feature

Enables AJAX for the price filter, sorting, products per page and “Rigid Product Filter” widget

If you prefer the native filters functionality, just disable the AJAX option and all custom theme options (price filter, products per-page selector, AJAX option etc.). WooCommerce offers their own price filter and attribute filters if you like them more.”

I would like to use an AJAX filter with a slider option for product attributes (such as percentage, etc.). Currently I’m using the plugin PRODUCT FILTER FOR WOOCOMMERCE, which enables the described function, but the AJAX filtering is not working.
    Is AJAX filtering generally not working with other plugins if I’m not using the RIGID PRODUCT FILTER? Or is there another way to make the AJAX filtering with the PRODUCT FILTER FOR WOOCOMMERCE work? Or do I have to try different plugins and find one, which works?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards

armenk
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I am also interested to see how Product Filters for WooCommerce plugin can be used.

I have disabled AJAX settings in theme options, however when I use Product Filters for WooCommerce filters, I am still able to see other items not part of filter criteria when I click on pagination link (or load more items in case of infinite scroll). The filter works correctly only when I reload the page.

Please let me know if there is a workaround for this.

Thanks

Link to shop: link

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello okrabio94,

Generally, the answer is Yes! You can’t use the the theme’s AJAX functionalities with third-party filters. If you need to use external plugins, you’d need to stick with the default WooCommerce functionality and disable all theme related filter options + the AJAX loading of products (Infinite Scroll).

@armenk

I am afraid there is no workaround for this, because of the way your FacetWP plugin works. It conflicts our own infinite scroll feature and when you change the filter criteria, there is nothing to tell the system to load the next portion, as the plugin’s AJAX call can’t trigger our own function.

With the default woocommerce pagination, it should work fine if all other theme related AJAX features are disabled.

Regards,
    Dimitar

okrabio94
    Participant
    Alex
    Keymaster

Hello okrabio94,

We will check the issue later today or tomorrow and let you know.

Regards,
    Alex

Alex
    Keymaster

Hello okrabio94,

Is it possible to give us temporary admin account, so we can check on your site.
    You can use the “Set as private reply” option.

Regards,
    Alex

okrabio94
    Participant
    Alex
    Keymaster

Hello okrabio94,

Thanks for the details. We are making some progress for providing you instructions on how to make this to work.
    Please keep the account, we will need it in the next few days.
    Will let you know.

Thanks,
    Alex

Alex
    Keymaster

Hello okrabio94,

You have to add one line of java script in the Products Filter plugin settings. But we also had to make slight change in our js in order this to work.
    Below solution will work after you update with our next release, which will include required change from our side.

So, after you update with the next theme version, you need to go to WooCommerce settings -> Products Filter tab -> Advanced sub-tab -> JavaScript code after AJAX is done
    and put:
    jQuery(document.body).trigger('rigid_products_filter_ajax');

Thus you will be able to use the ajax functionality of ‘WOOF – Products Filter for WooCommerce’ plugin.

Regards,
    Alex

okrabio94
    Participant

Hello Alex,

thank you for your effort! I will add the JavaScript code after the next update of your release.

I had the described problems with the Product Filter Plugin from XforWooCommerce, but since I described the requirements for that, I assume it should work as well.

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14241, followers 703
Login and Registration Log in · Register