ResolvedProduct Variation Colour Change Bug?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    veccccio@gmail.com
    Participant

I have added the product colour variation so that when you select the colour of the product on the front end it changes the image. This is working fine.

I added another variation, size, small, medium, large underneath the colour, this is too set to visible on the website and used for variations… the colour now does not change UNTIL you select the size. Why would this happen, please?

veccccio@gmail.com
    Participant

If I remove the size variation it works fine, is this a hook problem or something else?

Althemist
    Keymaster

You can’t have “independent” variations. In order to have the image changed you’d need to have a variation for every size/color combination (e.g. Red/Small, Red/Medium etc.) and you’d need to assign a variation image for every single variation combination. This is not theme related – it’s how WooCommerce work and it’d be the same with any theme.

Here is a good video tutorial:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

veccccio@gmail.com
    Participant

Which is what I have done, black small, black medium etc. The thing I am confused by is I have an independent attribute for size. Is that what is causing the issue, becuase if I remove the size attribute and then remove it from variations, the colour works.

veccccio@gmail.com
    Participant

I ask you to try and please add the size attribute to one of your products and make size below colour displayed on the website. Selecting the colour won’t work.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Could you please provide a link to a product with this problem on your site and temporary admin access, so we can check what could be wrong?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14113, followers 704
Login and Registration Log in · Register