ResolvedPurchase code is not valid for this forum.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Malco
    Participant

Hi I’ve tried a couple of times to search the forums, but each time after filling in my purchase code it comes back with ‘Purchase code is already registered by another user’! I don’t know why the question’s even being asked once logged in! How do I get around this?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Malco,

The fact that you were able to post this message, clearly indicates that your purchase code is valid. You only need to enter your purchase code once. Login in our support forums is another story. You’d need to do this with the username and password for our site.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Malco
    Participant

As I said above: ‘I don’t know why the question’s even being asked once logged in’, I don’t understand why it is asking me for my purchase code. I have just done a search again and when I try to ‘access the topic’ it says I must enter the purchase code. I’d send you a screenshot but I can’t see a way here of doing it.

Althemist
    Keymaster

The system would only ask for purchase code if you’re not logged in.

Malco
    Participant

OK, finally got to the bottom of it. After you log on and do a search it shows questions and answers on all your themes. It seems I can only access those ones related to my own theme, otherwise, as I said before, it asks me for a purchase code. If this is correct, which I think evidently it is, why limit the forums in this way? In my case there was an answer I’d like to have seen regarding a question I have (‘Trouble importing demo’), but as it was asked by someone who had a different theme to mine I can’t access it… A bit strange really – we’re all customers of yours!

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Malcolm,

Yes, that’s correct. You can only access posts from the Rigid theme forum. As for importing demo topics in other forums – there can be many different reasons and 99% of demo import related posts are old posts related to connectivity problems (before we move all demo images to the wp.com CDN, some hosts were blocking connection to our own server). In your case, there is actually no problem with the import, but the system settings. If you give us temporary admin access, we can try to diagnose the problem and fix it for you.

You can use the “set as private reply” feature for the admin credentials.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Malco
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Malco
    Participant
    Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Malcolm,

Please remember to always mark the “Set as private reply” checkbox when posting sensitive information like admin credentials.

We have checked your site and as I suspected, the product display option for the shop page on Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Catalog was set to “Products only”.

We have also enabled the “reveal effect” on your product listings.

Malco
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for doing that.

Yes, I forgot that of course your help system is ‘open to the world’ as it were, thanks for the reminder.

Could you have a look at both ‘Vendors shop style 4’ and on ‘5’, it’s coming up with a ‘404’ plus bits of the blog on my site, rather than what you have on your demo, the ‘Wooden Art’ and ‘Authentic’ shop styles? Could you enable them for me?

Kind regards
    Malcolm

Malco
    Participant

Hi

Again, comparing the demo site and mine, could you please also reinstate the titles ‘Policies’, ‘Questions and Answers’ and ‘Vendor’ that appear under the products, such as on these pages – https://rigid.althemist.com/wc-marketplace/product/printed-romper-copy/ and https://trade-fair.uk/product/printed-romper-copy/ ?

Finally, wouldn’t it be possible to have the dummy shops also installed, in order to make it a faithful reproduction of your one? The one that after all, attracted me so much to purchase your theme in the first place? I can’t really see any problem with having dummy shops which one can delete at will – if anything, I think they could help the beginner understand how the site works in relation to them.

Kind regards
    Malcolm

Malco
    Participant
    Malco
    Participant

Wow, nearly 24 hours now and no response! Just checking – anyone there?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Malco,

Sorry for the late response. My colleagues were responsible for the support today, as I was not in the office and WCMp specific questions are exclusively answered by me.

1. ‘Vendors shop style 4’ and on ‘5’ are missing on your site (lead to 404) because you don’t have those vendors. This can’t be included in the import because, the WC Marketplace plugin just doesn’t allow export of existing users.

2. You are missing the ‘Policies’, ‘Questions and Answers’ and ‘Vendor’ sections, because your products are not assigned to any vendor.

Both are actually not theme related. They are part of the WCMp functionality and must be individually set for the store by the general admin, that’s why it’s not possible to export (respectively import) them.

However, you get exactly the same site as the demo – you just don’t have the vendor accounts, which is absolutely normal!

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 13278, followers 699
Login and Registration Log in · Register