ResolvedRecently Viewed Products

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zorro2288
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I just like to ask if there is an easy way to display the Woocommerce Recently Viewed Products in Horizontal Layout with the Product Name and Prices below the Thumbnail.

By default, the layout is vertical and the Thumbnails are too small.

https://screenpresso.com/=AbS1c

Thanks again 🙂

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Actually, yes, there is a way. 🙂

Recently Viewed Products is default WooCommerce widget. However, we mapped it as a custom content element in the page builder, so you can use it everywhere. There is a catch, though…

The original WooCommerce widget is coded in such way that in order to display our shortcode, you’d need to have the original widget active in some sidebar (even inactive one). This was the only way to build our shortcode without modifying the WooCommerce core files.

So, in few words, you would need to create a custom sidebar under Theme Options > Sidebars – e.g. RVP Sidebar. Do not assign that sidebar to any area, just create it.

Than go to Appearance > Widgets and place the RVP widget in the newly created sidebar. That’s it. Now you can use our custom shortcode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

zorro2288
    Participant

Hi Dimitar,

I am trying to understand and follow your steps. However, I think I am missing the shortcode. Can you please let me know what is the shortcode to use?

Thanks again.

zorro2288
    Participant

I managed to get the Rigid Recently Viewed Products to show on a Page. Please refer here: https://screenpresso.com/=zkiCe

However, I can’t seems to find a way to display it in the footer, or right above the footer of all pages. This is our desired location.

Can you let us know what shortcode to use?

zorro2288
    Participant

Finally, I got it all figured out 🙂

Thanks again.

zorro2288
    Participant

For those of you looking for similar solution, below is the shortcode to use.

[rigid_woo_recent_viewed_products title="Your Browsing History" layout="carousel" columns="6" num_of_products="12"]

Cheers!

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Yes, it’s the “Recently Viewed Products” content element in the WPBakery. You don’t need the actual shortcode unless you need to call it with do_shortcode function directly in the code. For content areas where the WPBakery is available, you just ad it like any other content element.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 14067, followers 703
Login and Registration Log in · Register
IMPORTANT!!!

Hello everybody! Please, accept our sincere appologies for the delaeyd support last 2 weeks. One of our team members was diagnosed with Covid-19 and we were isolated without the chance to leave home or access our office. We are now back to work and slowly catching up with delayed support tickets. We expect the queue to be cleared and everything to be back to normal schedule by Monday, 29th of June.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Althemist team
close-link