ResolvedSome idea to improve page speed for mobile?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Oscar
    Participant

Hi!!

I’m very close to opening my marketplace created with Rigid and I’m seeing that Page Speed ​​tells me very bad score for mobile.

I am already working to improve it with CSS, JS and HTML compression, cache, with Autoptimize, WP Super Cache … but I still do not get a good loading speed.

Does the theme or Bakery have any option to optimize this? Desktop is almost OK (75), but mobile is only in 29-30.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Oscar,

I am afraid we can’t just guess what could be causing this. If you provide a link to your site we may be able to give you some guidance on how to improve the pagespeed score.

Also, keep in mind that the Google Insights Page Speed analysis only gives you some recommendations. These would be applicable in an “ideal world”, bot not really suitable for live websites. The most important factor for google ranking would be the overall page loading speed. Everything else is just recommendations on how to improve the speed.

Even biggest marketplaces built with hundreds of thousands budget like Etsy gets ~50 points on PageSpeed Insights for mobile.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Oscar
    Participant

Hi, Dimitar.

This is my Rigid page –> https://zocoetico.com. Opened just yesterday. I hope you like what I have done with your theme.

If you can give me any idea to improve my speed I would be grateful. In desktop version the page is going really well, but we all know that Google increasingly takes into account the mobile experience. It is important!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Oscar,

actually your site is pretty well optimized. The things that slow down your site are the facebook scripts, as they can’t be cached and deferred.

Also, I’d suggest choosing ONLY ONE icon font for your page content (icon boxes, buttons etc.) Right now your home page is loading 5 or 6 icon packs from the WP Bakery Page Builder, because you’re using different icon families on your buttons and icon boxes. This would reduce the load quite a lot.

Last, but not least – your hosting is slow (almost 2 seconds TTFB) when loaded from the USA (Google Page Speed Insights test servers are located there).

All in all – your site loads fine for users in the EU, which is the most important thing in this case.

Also, you can save a lot of seconds by disabling image swap on products and product widgets in the menu (less requests, less MBs).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Oscar
    Participant

Hi.

I will test your suggestions. Thank you so much.

Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 13278, followers 699
Login and Registration Log in · Register