ResolvedThe featured widget doesn't show up in the navigation menu.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Althemist 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jiafeng.ji
    Participant

I set up the featured widget in my navigation menu — under ‘fashion jewelry’. The description code:[vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”featured-sidebar”]

But, it doesn’t show up accordingly.
    Could you help me check and fix this issue?

Alex
    Keymaster

Hi jiafeng.ji,

You need to check few things:
    – make sure this is the correct name of the sidebar
    – Put the sidebar on a test page first to ensure that its widgets really output something. It is possible that there is just no data to display. For example if you want to show featured products, there are no featured products set.
    – make sure that you tick the “Use the Description to create a Text Block….” checkbox on the menu item where you are putting the vc_widget_sidebar shortcode.

Regards,
    Alex

jiafeng.ji
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello jiafeng.ji,

we have just checked and it looks like you don’t have such sidebar. Maybe you deleted the sidebar in Theme Options > Sidebars > Custom Sidebars as it just doesn’t exist.

Regards,
    Dimitar

jiafeng.ji
    Participant

Could you send me a screenshot of Grosso theme default setting of custom sidebars in Theme Options? I didn’t delete this sidebar. The existing settings are lost.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Here it is:

Also, when you create the sidebar, make sure you put a widget inside under Appearance > Widgets.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 12277, followers 686
Login and Registration Log in · Register