ResolvedTheme Questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Althemist 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Beenerm
    Participant

A few questions about the theme as I build my site. This is a fresh build, using AWS and Google Domains. The site… susiejanesattic.com.

1. I can’t seem to get the blog posts to work correctly. When I have Full text or Summary clicked, nothing changes and the entirety of the post shows. Suggestion on how to resolve this?

2. Is there a way to have the use of the full WordPress post editor instead of what is currently available?

3. When it comes to page load time, the theme lacks speed. We are looking at 5-6 seconds. Any suggestions outside of the standard Image Compression, CDN, W3 Cache?

Thanks for your time.

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello Beenerm,

1. “Full text or Summary” setting refers to the RSS feed of your site, not the way it actually appears to users. This is core WordPress feature and not even theme related. If you need to display a short summary of the content, you’d need to set post excerpts (just like we did in the demo).

2. Not really sure what do you mean by “the full WordPress post editor”. The theme comes with WPBakery Page Builder, but you can disable it for posts.

3. There could be many reasons for slow sites and the theme is not one of them. The major loading speed factor would be your hosting quality and your location compared to the server location. Also, third-party services integrations like facebook, instagram etc.

You can see here, the theme itself is pretty fast and we didn’t even fully optimize the demo:

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.althemist.com/LJCCb0g0

Compared to your site, there is still a lot to be done in terms of optimization:

https://gtmetrix.com/compare/LJCCb0g0/oBQ7Bpa5

As you can see here:

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/susiejanesattic.com/bQPa1Q5c

your hosting is pretty slow. The TTFB is almost 2 seconds – that’s a lot of time before the site even start loading and it would get even worse when you have more products, variations etc. Here is a good guide on what to look for in hosting providers and our recommended hosting companies:

The Best WordPress Hosting: How to Pick The Right One for Your Website in 2019

Also, keep in mind that jetpack and W3TC are not the best way to optimize your site. I’d suggest removing jetpack, unless it’s absolutely crucial for your site for some reason as it can dramatically slow it down. Also W3TC can do more harm than good if you’re not a really experienced professional. A better combination would be WP Super Cache and Autoptimize. This is what we use on all our sites and demos.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 12277, followers 686
Login and Registration Log in · Register