ResolvedVendor List

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Savill
    Participant

Hiya

Hope you’ve had a good day,

(I’m using Safari)

On the vendor list page: https://www.countryfinest.com/country-finest-vendors-list/?vendor_sort_type=registered&vendor_sort_category=159

The sorting isn’t so clear, (where it says “By Date” “All” “Sort”

Is it supposed to be looking like that?! It’s not so clear.

Best Wishes,

David

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi David,

yes, it’s like this with the latest update of WCMp. It really doesn’t make sense, but that’s the original shortcode behavior. It’s the same with their original shortcode if placed manually in a text field (there is no problem with the vendor image though, which we are now investigating).

David Savill
    Participant

Hiya,

Thank you for that,

I’ve been speaking with WCMP and they’ve come back with this:

“WCMp Admin wrote:

David, our team looked into this. It seems like the theme is handling the styling and drop-down by their own script.

So, the theme author will be able to help here further. If they need any help from us, let us know.”

Potential collaboration there?

Would love to get that sorting feature fixed, what would you suggest for the next move?

Best,

David

Althemist
    Keymaster

Actually the problem is not with the theme styling. In the previous version, the second select element (in your case “Art”) was only displayed when the first one is set to “By category”. Now, with the latest WCMp it’s always visible, which I guess is a bug on their end and not related to our custom shortcode. It’s the same with our Zass theme, where we don’t have custom shortcode and using their default one (manually placed inside a text field).

I’ll write the same now in their support forum just in case they are not aware of the bug.

David Savill
    Participant

Hi guys,

Hope you had a nice Easter break?

I read the replies in WC Marketplace forums, I’m not 100% sure with where that leaves everyone with who is doing what regarding the Vendor page sorting?

…Anyway, I just noticed something else with the page,

I was giving a presentation today, but noticed that when squished to table size (Microsoft Surface), the vendors page is displaying the vendors a little odd.

Vendors List

You’ll see that there are 7 listed, but when squished down it leaves a strange gap on the left next to Selsley Foods, so there are 3 at the top, 1 in the middle and 3 at the bottom.

It does the same when squishing a web browser down to the size.

Any ideas?

Best Wishes,

David

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi David,

the problem comes mostly from your username (it’s pretty long). However, this will be fixed with the next update scheduled for Thursday, April 5th.

As for the sorting issue – the WCMp said they are working on fix for their sorting and also we made the “Sort By” and “Category” fields more visible. Unfortunately I can’t really tell when their update will be released.

Regards,
    Dimitar

David Savill
    Participant

Fair enough 🙂

Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register