ResolvedWCFM Marketplace compatability

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gettingwedboutique 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gettingwedboutique
    Participant

I’m just wondering if you’ve discovered any major issues with using the WCFM Marketplace with Zass theme? I unfortunately didn’t read the forum before setting up and have already installed and set up fully with Zass theme so hours of work have gone into this so far. There are a couple of small styling issues which I’m hoping can be ironed out but my main worry is that there are going to be major issues if I release my marketplace? Your thoughts would be appreciated?
    Also, do you have plans to make this plugin fully compatible in the future as the plugin does have a lot of additional features that I wanted to include?
    Thank you

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hello gettingwedboutique,

1. The theme works fine with WCFM, but we do not provide any special styling or special features for it, as we did for WC Marketplace, WC Vendors or Dokan.

2. There are some small styling issues caused by inconsistent coding of the plugin – two identical elements using different markup in different places (e.g. inquiry button or two buttons next to each other and one is a real button, while the other is a p tag etc.), also they replace parts of the theme code with their own code instead of just add their code using hooks etc. etc.

These are the reasons we do not recommend WCFM yet, do not advertise compatibility and do not provide special styling for their plugin. It’s a good start with some really nice features, but they still have a lot of work to do before we consider providing special integration with WCFM for our themes.

Other than that – the plugin would work just fine and no major problems to be expected except some design inconsistencies.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

gettingwedboutique
    Participant

Thank you for your detailed reply, that was very helpful and has reassured me that for the moment this is still ok to use.
    Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for any item belonging to this account
AlThemist

AlThemist

sales 12277, followers 686
Login and Registration Log in · Register