ResolvedWoocommerce Emails Not being Sent out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    toborex
    Participant

Hello,
    Whenever new orders are placed the customers don’t automatically receive emails with the order invoice unless the admin manually sends them. Please how do I fix this?

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi toborex,

This is not theme related.

Under WooCommerce > Settings > Emails make sure the new order notifications are enabled (New Order > Manage > Enable this email notification).

Regards,
    Dimitar

toborex
    Participant

Hello,
    I said emails for customers not new order notification for the admin!
    When a customer checkouts out from my store, they’re supposed to receive an email with the order invoice.
    This is the email i’m talking about.
    It doesn’t get sent out automatically until it is resent by the admin.
    I hope you understand?
    Thanks

See screenshot

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi toborex,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

What you describe is actually the native WooCommerce behavior. Order confirmation mail is sent to customer in WooCommerce only for paid orders. Here is a detailed explanation by Automatic (WooCommerce team) staff:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/send-new-order-email-also-to-customer/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dimitar

toborex
    Participant

Thanks for the response.
    This poses a serious problem as how does a customer know his order has been placed successfully/received by the store especially when the customer is paying with cash on delivery.

It won’t make any sense for an admin to manually have to send customers their invoices when there are many orders to attend to. E.g have to process 60+ orders per hour.

Is a there a workaround you can suggest please?
    Regards,

toborex
    Participant

Also after creating several orders, I noticed that the admin doesn’t receive new order notifications. I’ve enabled email notifications from the wooocommerce section as well

Alex
    Keymaster

Hello toborex,

Please look at this WooCommerce FAQ section: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/email-faq/
    If this doesn’t help you can contact their support.

We don’t alter WooCommerce emails in any way, so we can’t really help.

Regards,
    Alex

toborex
    Participant

Hi Alex,

To be honest with you I found your response to be a bit rude.
    This is a support forum and seeing as I’m a paying customer it’s only reasonable that you treat support requests with a basic customer centric approach. Not everyone is an advanced user of WP and if your documentation covered every possible problem I wouldn’t be here. It’s bad enough we have to wait for days to receive responses to support tickets.

That being said, my second question was regarding the admin receiving new order notifications and I’ve read the Woocommerce documentation regarding the matter and I found that the email attached to my the new order tab seems to be tied to a single address and will not change to a different one regardless of how many times i change it. Please see the attached recording here

Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi toborex,

I am sure my colleague Alex didn’t meant to be rude. He was just trying to explain that this is not theme related problem, so there is really not much we can do. This is a core WooCommerce feature and as such it’s outside the scope of our support. While we are always trying to help with anything possible, please understand that basic WordPress and WooCommerce features are not something we can help with.

What you describe sounds like either WooCommerce settings or problem OR a server setting problem (probably the PHP _mail function is not set right). Also, it’s possible that your hosting provider limits the number of outgoing emails as an anti-spam measure.

If you provide temporary admin access to your site, we can try to investigate further and/or at least give you direction where the problem might be.

Changing the topic status back to “In progress” now.

As for the delayed responses, please accept my deepest apology. I was forced to move in another city, because a relative passed away and the support was left at minimum because of this. Now we are back on full capacity and support requests should be answered in 8-12 hours max as usual.

Regards,
    Dimitar

toborex
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi toborex,

We’d also need the website URL. 🙂

Also, please always mark your posts as “private reply” when sending sensitive information such as login details.

Regards,
    Dimitar

toborex
    Participant
    Althemist
    Keymaster
    toborex
    Participant
    Althemist
    Keymaster

Hi toborex,

it looks like your order status and tracking is not compatible with the current version of woocommerce and create conflicts.

Also, it looks like your Jilt settings are not correct and this throws server errors. Can’t be 100% sure, but most like the Jilt errors are related to the problem as Jilt integrates with the WooCommerce system e-mails.

Check the log under WooCommerce > Status > Logs

You’d probably need to contact the Jilt support team.

Regards,
    Dimitar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register
IMPORTANT!!!

Hello everybody! Please, accept our sincere appologies for the delaeyd support last 2 weeks. One of our team members was diagnosed with Covid-19 and we were isolated without the chance to leave home or access our office. We are now back to work and slowly catching up with delayed support tickets. We expect the queue to be cleared and everything to be back to normal schedule by Monday, 29th of June.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Althemist team
close-link